Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Delaney and the Hop Hill kids

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    It sounds like Delaney will be the next Hop Hill doll to be released. Seems like she would be a cute doll.

    I have Hallie, because she looked a lot like me when I was around 8(someday when I get a working digital camera I'll try to post it). The doll came with one of her books, and I've read the other books sitting in Barnes and Noble without buying them. They list all the kids in the class at the beginning of each book.

    Delaney has blonde hair in a ponytail and a green sweatshirt and is smiling and waving in her pic. I do not plan on collecting these dolls but I can tell you that in Miss Sparks class there are 3 boys and 7 girls. 5 of the girls have been released-Hallie, Logan, Skylar, Gwen and now Delaney.

    The other 2 girls are Lindy(who has short, dark hair, possibly Asian) and Avery, who is in a wheelchair. I am really curious on seeing the Avery doll and her book because I do a lot of advocacy regarding disability issues. I wonder, assuming she is released with a wheelchair, if she will be permanently attached to the chair or can sit on her own, knowing that this series is for 4-6 year olds. The also have the class bunny named Razzi out. I'm assuming they won't release the boys(I don't know how well they'd sell), but you never know!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member KariS's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Valerie Tripp has a book coming out in March called "Lindy's Happy Ending" so we may see a Lindy doll too, which would make 6 out of the 7 girls released.

    I would also like to see Avery, especially if she was in a wheelchair. It would make an excellent story for kids about accepting others that may look different than they do, but still likes/does the same things as them.

    They may choose to release the boys, but if not then the line would seem to have run its course, unless they introduce a new class. They may just keep releasing new books featuring these kids and new outfits for them.

    I'm awaiting their egg hatching set - I hope it's out with all the new stuff on Monday!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wonder if the boys will be released also. That will be nice to have the enitre class!! I cannot wait to see how Delaney will look like. I have not bought any of the dolls yet. I do have one little girl who does read these books, but this was last summer, so I think she has passed that reading stage now. That is the only problem with these stories is that the reading stage is for younger kids. Can can be used for a short time.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    My guess is that there will be new additions to Miss Sparks class if they run out of characters. Otherwise, it is called Hopscotch Hill SCHOOL, so there may always be other classes in the same grade. In my grade school there were 3 classrooms for each grade.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member lieu2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2003
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wonder if they are popular enough to create other classes. They don't seem as popular as Bitty or Bitty twins.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member mom_to_an_americangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2003
    Posts
    248
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like these dolls and so does Elisabeth. We are collecting all of what we can get our hands on (evil code) then hoping more come out. She sits them in their desks and teaches them as if they were a class. The rainbow board is a really great tool and she loves playing school. The price of these dolls is also "reasonable" so I hope the line does continue.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wouldn't mind having Avery, Logan, or Hallie, but Skylar just seems to be too grown up for a first grader!

  8. #8
    Jane Hart
    Guest Jane Hart's Avatar

    Post

    I never relized how big they were until I saw someone's picture! They are the size of AG dolls! I thought they were smaller, like Barbie dolls or something!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    The Hopscotch Hill kids are 16", just a little smaller than the AG dolls which are 18". However, their bodies are all hard plastic-they bend every which way, but they're not huggable like the Bitties and the AG dolls.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member gingerharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Am I the only one that things those dolls are evil and sinsiter looking. I think they're creepy.
    Sorry, to those who like them. I could just be a little crazy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •